Saturday, September 6, 2008

Excuses, Excuses

There is always an excuse. There is always a reason to say, "I will do this when..." That is essentially the same as saying, "I will never do it."

People can always find time for the things that are important. Unless you are working 14 hour days, there is time. The amount of hours we spend watching TV or browsing the internet is shocking.

I procrastinate. We all do. I'm just tired of people talking about things they are planning to do. If you are not actively working towards your goal, keep your excuses to your own ego.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I beg your pardon, N.T.G., I am unable to comprehend your post as my taste buds are being hijacked by the most insidious tasting leftovers from last night's curried lamb in sauce. It's my one vegetarian vice, I'm afraid.

This particular dish we created combines azuki beans, sultry slivers of yellow fall zucchini, and New Zealand lamb chops. You just know there has to be a good God when you eat this meal. It contains no sugar or condiments, and yet it is slathered in sugar and tartness. (Many people do not realize how much sugar there is in onions.)

We all caught a "cold" last week, and the expectorant properties of the culinary spices alone made the effort worthwhile. It takes less time to prepare a curry than it does to drive out to the pharmacy and back, anyhow.