Saturday, August 16, 2008

Georgia On My Mind

It took me a while to get my head around the Georgia/Russian conflict, but I finally did enough research to understand (I ran across the Wikipedia article). I will try to explain it in simple terms.

Georgia is me, Russia is a guy named Bob, and South Ossentia is a bologna sandwich. I own a bologna sandwich, but Bob tells me I am not allowed to touch it. One day, I am really hungry and I take a bite out of it. Bob beats me until I am unconscious.

Was the sandwich really the issue? Was Bob pissed off because I was doing well and he hadn't been cool since the '80s? Was he mad that I was building a pipeline that bypassed him when shipping oil from Azerbaijan to the West? No one knows for sure.

People in the Caucasus really need to start mingling with one another. At least start hanging out at the same malls.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b0/Caucasus-ethnic_en.svg

If people in Milwaukee looked different, spoke another language, and were living off of radishes, then they would probably attempt to break free from the vicious rule of Wisconsin.

No comments: