Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Election Fatigue

I don't know whether it's because it is a dull point in the election season, or because I have just burnt myself out, but I'm not very interested in politics at the moment.

In the heat of the primary campaigns I was glued to 24 hour news networks. I constantly checked various internet news sites for any updates. "Oh my goodness, Obama just ate an english muffin, I better check and see what everyone has to say about it."

Now I hear about someone promising to bomb somewhere or using a bunch of money on something and instead of reading about it, I go and check how much money Hancock made over the weekend.

Maybe one of the candidates could promise to invade Finland. I'd watch a news story about that. Hopefully the conventions and debates renew the excitement in me. I enjoy politics, but apparently I'm a fairweather fan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think you could _possibly_ understand to what degree I need a vacation, or a turn in events, or ANYTHING to give in my favor.